Copyright Notice

The copyright (©) of all material on this Blog is owned by me (unless stated otherwise). No part of this Blog may be copied in any form, for sale, loan or any other distribution without the express permission from myself (Carolyn Davison)

©Carolyn Davison

Thursday 28 January 2016

Manager's Favourite Things

This is the poem I wrote for my manager's retirement do.

Get in my office, I just caught you talking, 
If you don't like it, you can go walking
Across the road, go find a new job,
I want willing workers, not lazy slobs

Look at this big queue, just ring your bell,
Customer service, you must do it well!
My team is awesome, the best in the store,
Shining fridges and sparkling floor

Whose are these green trays, baskets and wheels?
Your tills are untidy, are you lot for real?
My nickname is fingers, yes I've got ten
Oooh look at that lovely, bright shiny pen!

Where are the Ops boys, I need them to fly,
Look at those baskets, they're dangerously high!
I do not think I am going too far,
My section looks just like the doggies doo das!

When [ ] bites,
Her words could sting,
We were feeling scared! 
But you know what
At the end of the day
We all knew she cared

© Carolyn Davison August 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment