Copyright Notice

The copyright (©) of all material on this Blog is owned by me (unless stated otherwise). No part of this Blog may be copied in any form, for sale, loan or any other distribution without the express permission from myself (Carolyn Davison)

©Carolyn Davison

Sunday 20 November 2011

When the Lord Speaks

I wanted to have a career
I didn't want to be at home
I wanted to be like other women
So all I did was moan

I wanted to have a big house
I wanted my own car
I wanted lots of holidays
To countries, near and far

But the Lord in all His tenderness
One day, took me aside
And said - "My dear daughter!"
These I can provide

"But I didn't call you to go out to work
To have your own career
I wanted you at home so that
You'd have time to draw near

"My Son is building a house for you;
A mansion in the sky
You do not need these worldly things
You're the apple of my eye

"So come dear daughter, the one I saved,
Your life is fulfilled in Me.
I will love and provide for you
Throughout eternity!"

So now I see God's plan for me
Is to serve Him in my home
I have a peace all over me
And now I never moan

©Carolyn Davison (6th June 2008)

No comments:

Post a Comment