Copyright Notice

The copyright (©) of all material on this Blog is owned by me (unless stated otherwise). No part of this Blog may be copied in any form, for sale, loan or any other distribution without the express permission from myself (Carolyn Davison)

©Carolyn Davison

Monday 28 November 2011

Elvis' Songs Story

OK, not technically a poem, but here it is all the same:

As I walked in the ghetto one day there was trouble when I stepped on someone's new blue suede shoes and tripped over their hound dog! A guy yelled across the street and said,

"Hey little sister, don't be cruel, you got a wooden heart?. If you keep that up it's a matter of time 'til ya unplugged!"

I have to admit that I was all shook up and felt like I had a fever on my brow.

"You don't know me," I shouted back, "I'm not the devil in disguise. A fool such as I doesn't mean to do those things. It's just too much that you think I'm cruel. I feel so bad and I beg of you to treat me nice. How do you think I feel? I just can't help believing that I've got a lot of lovin' to do. I have a feeling in my body that I have to surrender to you! I am wondering, are you lonesome tonight? I gotta know!"

"Lawdy Miss Clawdy, a little less conversation. You're a heartbreaker so I've heard! I got stung once before by way down in the bar called Blue Moon of Kentucky! In good ole Nevada! Viva Las Vegas is all I can say!"

"But it's now or never! I am paralyzed by your gaze, just don't have blue eyes crying in the rain. I'm doin the best I can under the circumstances. I am looking for fame and fortune, but also a guitar man who is playing for keeps. Reconsider baby or else I may have to stay in heartbreak hotel and you wouldn't want that!"

"That's alright mama, my happiness is a good luck charm to me - I don't need no one else, little darlin'!"

Sentimental me - that's who I am! I guess it would have been a one sided love affair anyway! Poor boy, it's him who's missing out! If I can dream then where's the harm in that? I guess he will be always on my mind! I have one broken heart for sale now because I was trying to get to you and be in your arms! I thought I was the one and you would love me tender! Such a night of romance we could have had! But instead you would rather be at home with old shep! I'll hold you in my heart and never return to sender. The wonder of you makes me think that any place is paradise!

"The lady loves me!" He said turning to his girl, "but she's not you - Phew!" he said looking at his woman! "I'm left, you're right and she's gone and as long as I have you, let me be your teddy bear!"

His woman was a girl of my best friend. I had such a night of sadness and a mess of blues! Oh well I was trying to get you, but now you've lost that loving feeling I will have a blue Christmas and be solitaire forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment