Copyright Notice

The copyright (©) of all material on this Blog is owned by me (unless stated otherwise). No part of this Blog may be copied in any form, for sale, loan or any other distribution without the express permission from myself (Carolyn Davison)

©Carolyn Davison

Sunday 20 November 2011

Remember Remember

I remember remember the fifth of November;

The kids on the corners with guys!

They'd ask for a penny,

And if they got any

Their faces would look so surprised!



I remember remember the fifth of November

The sparklers we'd all whizz around

We'd write in the air

Avoiding our hair

Then toss them burnt out, on the ground



I remember remember the fifth of November

The rockets would fly way up high!

The bonfire was huge;

Heat making us rouge

With excitement you'd hear us all cry



I remember remember the fifth of November

The colours as bright as the sun.

Fireworks popped and whizzed

And sparkled and fizzed

Oh those nights were such fun!


©Carolyn Davison 2011 (written 31st October 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment